Co-Owner and Chief Operating Officer
- Helps organizations efficiently, securely, and rapidly build their ideal cloud based apps on the Sitecast platform from public facing applications (websites) to backend business workflow automation (web apps)
- Strategic and thoughtful problem solver of a bootstrapped technology company
- Defines and manages requirements by utilizing project management tools, articulating feature design documentations, tutorials, and rapidly implementing features using the Scrum methodology
- Involves in platform / infrastructure architecture and development (Amazon Web Services e.g. S3, Lambda, Third Party API Integrations, Security, Sitecast Cloud-based IDE, IoT Hardware Integration)
- Designed, implemented, and deployed sites on the Sitecast Platform
2016 - 2017
- Traveled around the world to explore, learned new languages, and experienced different cultures and traditions
- Worked with a team of volunteers to build a house for a family in Mexico – successfully finished the project in two and half days
- Participated in Dance Festivals across the globe
- Created a product development roadmap to build a platform for festivals and adventure planner
- Participated in an international business forum along with other entrepreneurs and business owners from the USA
Board of Director
Artstart Rhinelander, 2017 - Present
- Provides guidance in Business Development, Process Management, and Technology Development
Platform Integration Lead | Systems Engineer
HP Inc., 2011-2016
- Lead multi-geographical, cross-disciplined partners in Asia, Europe, and multiple US sites to define, design, and deliver firmware features into the print engine
- Represented the firmware team to troubleshoot, unblock partners with any road blocks that were encountered, and helped improve the process in manufacturing sites
- Debugged C and UI code using JTAG Probe, serial log, Multi IDE, and QT
- Collaborated with System Architects to decouple and abstract hardware module code to improve the system hierarchy and infrastructure
- Created wiki articles and trained other team members how to use internal and external tools used for development e.g. Build Systems, Git Source Control Manager
- Implemented additional features to interface platforms running Windows CE, ThreadX, Linux Operating Systems
- Ported a system module to use the latest interface developed by firmware partners
- Participated in hardware design reviews of new product and development electronics, in one case identified a lacking feature that saved the program weeks in the schedule by avoiding a board roll
- Reviewed UI development kit that consists of electronics along with a control panel for firmware development and testing in lieu of a printer prototype which costs tens of thousands of dollars
- Leveraged a full firmware image build to create a minimum firmware image to support Firmware Recovery on Linux-based system
- Independently setup the infrastructure to build the engine firmware by leveraging the existing Build tool
- Sought out and completed the project management training course through HP Learning and Development
- Mentored and trained new firmware engineers in firmware integration and product development
- Participated in the interview process by answering questions about HP and the organization role
- Certifications: C++ For Embedded Developers, Developing Linux Device Drivers
- Participated at the Open Source Convention (OSCON) Forum to learn about the latest technology development in the open source community
IT and Media Assistant,
University of Washington, 2008 - 2010
- Helped improve the engineering laboratories e.g. transformed a storage room to an engineering laboratory
- Worked across different departments at the university and attended school full time while retaining the full scholarship and leadership role
- Helped resolve IT and media issues and requests escalated by staff or students
Luxxotica Inc., 2007 - 2008
- Was recognized for outstanding sales and customer service performance
- Helped clients select and fit eyeglass lenses, frames, and contact lenses
- Learned and implemented HIPAA Compliance
Judge, VEX Robotics
- Worked with fellow technology leaders to help inspire and connect the participants at the first robotics competition in Wausau, Wisconsin
- I shared my tips on how to become successful in college -- based on my experiences starting as a waitress when I migrated to the United States to a lead integration engineer at a world-wide enterprise company
- Provide career and industry related guidance to help prepare the students on real-world technology development
- Helped the other tech leaders to educate, inspire, and encourage students to participate in the technology development
Volunteer House Builder
- Worked with a team of volunteers to build a house for a family in Mexico -- successfully finished the project in two and half days
2008 - Present
- Provide guidance in software development, startup and enterprise business models, and career guidance
Latin Dance Instructor
2008 - Present
- Taught ballroom and latin dances at the university, work places, and community halls
Continual Self Study
Sitecast University, Present
- At Sitecast, we never stop learning and growing. The world is our classroom. As a technology entrepreneur, I am actively learning from materials -- books, audio, forums, etc. to stay up to date in technology, business, and personal development.
Computing and Software Systems
University of Washington (Tacoma), 2010
- Applied the MVC methodology to implement games and applications in Java ( library manager, operating system simulator, web crawler, etc.)
- Worked with a team of two to develop a game application using the Android Platform concentrating on the user interface, animation, and test
- Courses: Artificial Intelligence, C, Java, Software Design and Development Lifecycle, Human Computer Interface, Data Structures and Algorithms
- Full tuition scholar and grant (BOEING | UW)
Olympic College, 2008
- Dean’s List Recipient
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society Member
AMA CLC, Philippines, 2004
- Top student in the Internet Technology program
- Student Council Body Officer, Public Relation Officer
- Candidate, Ms. AMA
University of Regina Carmeli, Philippines, 2003
- Graduated as part of the pilot program a.k.a "first section" at a young age of fifteen
Senior Academic Adviser, University of Washington (Tacoma)
I had the pleasure to serve as Rubie Tiburcio’s academic advisor when she attended the University of Washington Tacoma (UWT) from 2008-2010. Rubie was one of a small group of women studying Computer Science at UWT. She was incredibly hard-working, focused, and committed to successfully completing a very rigorous degree program. She graduated on the Dean's list which was a testament to her talent and hard work.
While in school she served as president of Women in Computing Science (WICS), an organization which provided support for all women and minorities studying computing in the Institute of Technology at UWT. I was the staff adviser to the organization and was continually impressed with Rubie's dedication and hard work. She was a respected leader and supportive classmate who regularly offered help whenever needed. She organized numerous WICS events and brought a lot of needed organization to the group. Her work laid the foundation for the organization to succeed and it is still going strong today.
Rubie is creative, visionary, and always a pleasure to work with. I believe Rubie’s potential to succeed in any endeavor she decides to lend her talents to is limitless and I can't wait to see what she does next.
Rubie has been pivotal to the success of Sitecast.
She is fearless when it comes to bringing new ideas to the table and finding ways to accomplish goals. And her team-building and project management skills helped us grow into a well-oiled machine.
Most impressive, she has an insatiable desire to learn new concepts and implement them into her life. It’s very inspirational!
Rubie has my highest endorsement and I am honored to be her partner.
Rubie is a highly thoughtful, disciplined, and friendly manager and consultant. While I was at Sitecast she displayed an impressive grasp of product development and showed a real passion for mentoring employees and helping clients get their needs met.
From my first day she was extremely generous with her time and knowledge and made it a priority to make sure I was in a position to succeed. She was always ready to take time to brainstorm different approaches to problems and make sure the team was all on the same page. She was extremely well prepared, always willing to offer and listen to feedback, and fun to be around at work every day. I'd gladly collaborate with her again.
Rubie was my manager at Sitecast and directly oversaw my projects from start to finish. She is a present, thoughtful manager and mentor. She is always willing to share her knowledge, and took time to help me grow as a developer by introducing me to more efficient ways to work and troubleshoot. She knows how to get things done.
She drives projects forward with an ever positive spirit, seeing the big picture without missing the details. It was refreshing to work at a place where meetings are meaningful, and the collaborative energy is undeniable. I’d work with Rubie again anytime.
Mentee, University of Washington
Rubie is professional and energetic.
As my mentor, she inspires me in her career accomplishment. She provides guidance in both school and career objectives.
She is always patient to every question I asked and provides constructive feedback. When I was struggling to choose my internship, she helped me figure out to make the best decision that led to my success.
I highly recommend her and she is the one you would enjoy to work with.
Senior Electrical Engineer, HP Inc.
I worked with Rubie on a challenging project with a short timeframe. Rubie was the firmware engineer while I worked on the electrical hardware side. This project used technology from two divisions of our company. This made Rubie’s task particularly challenging because she had to interface the two different code platforms from each division, Windows CE and ThreadX / Linux, which she did very successfully.
Rubie also did a great job of quickly coming up to speed on the electronics and hardware side. She was proactive in asking questions about the hardware to make sure nothing was overlooked. She optimized the code for our hardware, making it simpler and more robust.
The project was manufactured overseas which required Rubie to interface with our overseas partners, including providing them with early reflashable code to allow the printed circuit boards to be manufactured in time to meet top-level product assembly and testing. The project was delivered on time, was very well received by the end customers and is generating revenue for our company.
Rubie is very dedicated and detailed orientated. She focuses on getting the job done on time with high quality. She is a fantastic team player and exudes great energy to the project team. I would highly recommend her for any position that she chooses to pursue.
Senior Architect, HP Inc.
I recommend Rubie for any technical or management position in software or firmware development.
Rubie does not rush to get things done. Rubie looks to make things easier, more efficient, for the next person or the next time around.
Rubie has the drive to succeed and wants to help others do the same. She is always willing to take time to help. For her successors and juniors, it is helping them do things she has done before in a previous role, e.g. Enterprise Ink Engine FW Integration.
Rubie leaves things better than when she found them. While doing her job, Rubie gets exposed to tools and processes. She actively looks for and proposes things to improve. One thing I admire and come to appreciate is that Rubie documents her learnings on the Wiki and sends it out to the firmware community. This is where Rubies efforts will payback many times.
Rubie takes time to learn a given area. She does not stop when she has just enough information to complete the task at hand. She looks to understand the architecture and design to be able to not just implement but to evaluate whether it was the best path forward. I saw this in her work as an Integrator on the project makefiles and build scripts -- she developed a build script to bundle the Engine firmware which was leveraged to build other products. I am seeing some of it now with the UI components and tools.
Rubie works well with our remote partners in India and Singapore. I have heard feedback that it is a pleasure to work with her. Rubie creates a personal relationship with her partners. This creates a level of trust such that when she recommends an improvement or asks for some help, they willing give it to her. Some of the developers can learn from Rubie in this as they are so quick to go to the "us versus them" language when issues arise in areas our overseas partners own.
On the technical side, Rubie has a strong foundation in software development and real-time firmware development. She is a quick learner of existing firmware components. She is comfortable in low level code that touches the hardware and with high level application code.
Senior Firmware Engineer, HP Inc.
Rubie is a sharp, hardworking firmware engineer with great programming skills. I worked with Rubie developing firmware for printers at HP.
Rubie works well in a fast paced, dynamic environment. At HP, Rubie worked on a critical project that was understaffed and limited by a short schedule. Using resourcefulness and ingenuity, Rubie did a great job helping to deliver this product on time and with good quality.
Rubie has great communication and interpersonal skills and has the ability to motivate her partners and team members to deliver their best effort. Rubie worked well with teams that were geographically distributed around the world.
Senior Project Manager, HP Inc.
I was Rubie’s direct manager when she was our firmware liaison to the EE and manufacturing teams. Rubie worked closely with our partners to develop the firmware necessary to complete board turn on and prep for product builds. A junior engineer at the time, Rubie demonstrated strong technical and analytic skills, tackling complex issues and resolving them quickly. She built and maintained a strong network of partners and was fearless in taking on tasks that were new to her. She was a fast learner and quickly developed a reputation as a solid engineer.
Rubie was energetic and dependable. I could count on her to provide deliverables in a timely manner. She used sound judgement, taking ownership for understanding the technology and knowing when to elevate issues to me so that we kept the project on schedule.
Her program management skills were top notch, planning the bring-up of multiple boards and coordinating with multiple partners located locally and abroad. It was a pleasure working with Rubie and look forward to the opportunity to work with her in the future, a truly valuable engineer for our team.